I did some patches for demos that didn't run or had some problems. I mostly used (the oldish free edition of) IDA Pro to disassemble and debug the application and NASM and some Hex-Editor to create a patched EXE.
||Patch (62 kB)
||I first patched this classic intro to provide higher resolutions. After I got the sources from the Exceed guys I added Vsync. I also tried improving texture resolution, which is quite an undertaking considering it is all TASM assembler code and uses neat tricks. Progress is slow.
||Patch (278 kB)
||Sector Omega & Stravaganza
||The demo now runs with OpenGL versions of 2.x and higher.
||Patch (102 kB)
||The musicdisk now runs if you have more than 64 video modes.
||Patch (54 kB)
||The intro doesn't crash before the final raytracing part anymore. Now it crashes after it is finished :).
||Patch (161 kB)
||The demo now supports 32bit true-color graphics mode and doesn't have to fall back to 15/16bit rendering in DOSBox anymore.
||Patch (430 kB)
||Pulse & Pygmy projects & Virtual Dreams
||The demo does now run in DOSBox and doesn't crash anymore because of unecessary EMMS instructions.